Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is a sovereign university established in the year 1998. The Government of Andhra Pradesh had given support to the institute by granting it land, buildings and other amenities. It has been ranked as one of India’s top non-IIT engineering colleges in the Education World India Rankings and it is also known for top Engineering College in Hyderabad. The institute has focused on the core areas of Information Technology, namely Electronics & Communications and Computer Science and their applications in other areas. IIIT-Hyderabad has opened research centers to facilitate inter-disciplinary research and endless flow of knowledge. Each research center focuses on wide-range of problems and takes together experts possibly with diverse background to conduct research and development on definite aspects of that problem area.
Students are given flexibility in choosing programmes and projects that they like to be a part of. The institute has separate hostels for boys and girls on-campus and all the hostel rooms are have network connectivity and support internet. Gymnasium facility in hostel under the guidance of a physical trainer is also provided by the college. The institute is a pioneer research institute imparting world-class education. It offers modern state-of-the art infrastructure, well-equipped labs, library, digital library, sports, gymnasium, hostels and dining facilities.
IIIT-Hyderabad is one among the best engineering colleges located in Hyderabad. It offers various UG, PG and dual degree programmes to students. IIIT Hyderabad also offers MSIT programme in association with Carnegie Mellon University, United states. The main objective of the IIIT, Hyderabad is to provide a complete world-view and a permanent vision to the young students.
Quality Placement Services
It is one of the best colleges in Hyderabad offering B.Tech degrees, the recipients of which are cherry-picked by top companies. This institute has a large number of research & development collaborations with the local industry and most research connections with the leading foreign IT universities.
IIIT-Hyderabad Rankings and Awards
- IIIT-H was ranked fifth among all technology institutes in the country by Dataquest's publication, ‘India’s leading IT’, in the year 2011
- The institute was listed in ranked among top six universities in South Asia, in terms of research papers on the Internet by Cybermetric Lab in the year Oct, 2009.
- 9 out of 10 IIIT-H alumni work in ICT research, design, product architecture at top-notch information technology companies across the world.
Courses Offered by IIIT Hyderabad: The institute offers various academic programmes at UG and PG levels, which inspire scholars to not only excel in the programme but also transfer cutting- edge research in a preferred specialization.
- B.Tech in ECE and MS by Research in ECE
- B.Tech in CSE and MS by Research in CSE
- B.Tech in CS and MS by Research in Computational Linguistics
- B.Tech in CS and MS by Research in Computational Natural Sciences
- B.Tech in Computer Science and MS by Research in Exact Humanities
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering and MS by Research in Building Science and Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Aided Structural Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Networking & Information Security
- M.Tech in Bioinformatics
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- M.Tech in Computational Linguistics
- MS by Research in CSE
- MS by Research in CNS
- MS by Research in engineering (Electronics & Communication)
- M.Tech in Computational Linguistics
- MS by Research in Computer Aided Structural Engineering
- MS by Research in Computational Linguistics
- MS by Research in IT in Power Systems
- MS by Research in IT in Building Science
- MS by Research in Bioinformatics
- PG Diploma in Applied Agriculture & Information Technology
- PG diploma in Co-Operative Management
- Post BSc Dual Degree in B.Tech computer science +MS CNS